Learn with the help of your kids: my learning experience

A recent task in INO 501 was to write a dialogue. Usually I don't have much of a problem to write things. However, I've never written a dialogue before, and it proved to be quite hard.

After staring for a while at the words "Characters" and "Setting" typed on a fresh white Word document and trying Elbow's method of writing whatever I think (in vain), I decided to look for help on the web. I found plenty of it - yet none helped much. Mostly it was about the style.

Since Socrates was not around, I decided to engage my 12 year old daughter's help. I started a dialogue with her, and lo and behold: it worked so well that after fifteen minutes I was enthusiastically typing the actual piece.

This learning style would probably best classified as Diverging, that combines concrete experience and reflective observation.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed that airport dialogue. I think I'll try a similar exercise with one of my sons, to see what sort of a conversation we can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Неудобные студенты, или Кто не дает нам оправдывать варварство

Rogers and the Educational System

Basic life values and goals